Saturday 15 August 2009

English Premier League 2009 - 10: The Predictions

It all begins again... the drama, the passion, the pace, the rivalries, the stars, the anguish, the ecstasy and football at its best as the big English Premier League kickoff is just some 17 hours away now!

It promises to be a great season and I expect much from it. I thought about all that could happen this year: who would take the crown, which guns would fire and misfire, what coaches would be sacked, who would score the most goals and all that jazz. In doing so, I went ahead and made some predictions. Now I know it is way too early for this stuff but let's just say I wanted to test my buff-ness. I would lovingly look back at the predictions when the season ends and see how many I got right!

Without further ado:

League Winners: Chelsea.

League Runners Up: Manchester City

FA Cup Winners: Manchester United

Carling Cup Winners: Manchester United

Top Four: Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool

UEFA Qualifiers: Arsenal, Aston Villa,

Clubs Relegated: Sunderland, Burnley, Wolverhampton Wanderers

Player of the Year: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Golden Boot: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Best Midfielder: Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Best Goalkeeper: Shay Given (Manchester City)

Best Defender: John Terry (Chelsea)

Most Assists: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Coach of the Year: Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea)

Summer Signing of the Year: Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

Worst Summer Signing of the Year: Emmanuel Adebayor (Manchester CIty)


Well these are my picks, what are yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@ "Emmanuel Adebayor (Aston Villa)", I think he's at Man City.

Serial Blogger said...

Thanks for pointing it out... now corrected :)

Post a Comment