Saturday 15 August 2009

Fantasy Premier League: Gameweek 1

I got hooked to the official fantasy game of the Barclay's Premier League last season. I think it's the best fantasy football game around with a realistic and good scoring scheme, a tough budget to pick your squad with, and a lot of exciting features like transfers, wild card transfers, private leagues, public leagues, forums and, my favorite: the head-to-head matches. I would highly recommend you check out the site, and register your team; it's great fun!

I've signed up again this season and just selected my squad for Gameweek 1. Here it is:



My team's called "Football Buff's 15". I've put Drogba and Rooney up front and am hoping for plenty of points in the first month from the deadly duo given Chelsea and Manchester United fixture lists! I actually see Gareth Barry doing very well for City this season; and he's in the team. Ashley Cole was the least expensive of the Chelsea defenders and I always put one in my team because they tend to have plenty of clean sheets. So do Liverpool, but I'm not so sure about them this season.

Think you can do better? Join the site, create your own team and join my league, the "Football Buff League". The code to join this league is 588956-273438.

0 comments:

Post a Comment